KISD Athletic Director Richard Barrett has announced the football schedule for the the remainder of the regular season for the KHS Wildcats.
Why is this news?
Earlier this year if you went on-line to find the 2020 Wildcat football schedule, at best you would have found four games for Kennedale, all due to COVID planning. District 6/4A had divided district games into zones and then depending on the outcome of those games the rest of the season could be announced.
Homecoming this week …
The Wildcats swept their 3 district games while Benbrook did the same on their side of district zone-play. Those two teams will meet up this week to determine the district championship in this mid-season district tournament. This game will also be Homecoming 2020 for Kennedale High School.
Now Kennedale will play the other three teams in the other zone to complete the season. Kennedale was able to find one game before district play started (Sunnyvale) and then filled an open date this past week with Pine Tree for a five game schedule.
With this announcement Kennedale is now looking at a nine game regular schedule. All but the last game against Castleberry will be played at Wildcat Stadium in Kennedale.
2020 Wildcat Schedule …
- 09/11/2020 Sunnyvale @ Wildcat Stadium 7:30pm (W 28-27);
- 09/17/2020 FTW Carter-Riverside* @ Farrington Field 7:00pm (W 69-0);
- 09/25/2020 FTW Eastern Hills* @ Wildcat Stadium 7:30pm (W 50-0);
- 10/02/2020 FTW Dunbar* @ Handley Field 7:00pm (W 57-0);
Addition to 2020 schedule …
- 10/09/2020 Longview Pine Tree @ Wildcat Stadium 7:00pm (T 20-20);
- 10/16/2020 FTW Benbrook* @ Wildcat Stadium 7:30pm (District Championship) Homecoming;
- 10/23/2020 FTW Western Hills* @ Wildcat Stadium 7:30pm;
- 10/30/2020 FTW Diamond Hill* @ Wildcat Stadium 7:30pm;
- 11/06/2020 Castleberry* @ W.O. Barnes Stadium 7:30pm.
*Denotes district games
Depending on the outcome of the game vs Benbrook, Kennedale will enter the UIL playoffs this year as either the #1 seed or the #2 seed.
KISD Fighting Wildcat Band …
KISD Director of Bands Erol Oktay has also announced that the KISD Band will be at the remainder of the games but will be following the same COVID guidelines that has been in place for the other games.
- For logistical social distancing reasons, the full marching band will only be able to perform the marching show “Palo Duro” at PRE-GAME on the field at the final three games.
- The KHS marching band will be doing a pregame performance of our competition show at each of the final three home games at 7:10pm as soon as the teams leave the field.
- After the pregame show, half of our band will be dismissed for the night and the other half will stay to play in the stands for the remainder of the game as we have been doing.
- At this week’s homecoming game [Benbrook], the band will have the halftime homecoming court ceremony with the band performing the background music.