Article updated 5/5/2023, first posted 4/28/2-23 …
With the regular season over for UIL High School Baseball, first-round brackets are complete for the UIL High School State Baseball Playoffs which start this week.
Kennedale will play FtW Carter Riverside in a best-of-3 series. Game 1 will be Friday 5/5/23 at Carter Riverside at 6:30 pm weather permitting. Games 2 & 3 as needed will be Saturday 5/6/23 at Kennedale starting at noon if Game 3 is needed it will be 30 minutes after the end of Game 2.
First look …
- Carter-Riverside: 6-11, 6-4 is the third seed from District 9/4A
- Kennedale: 17-8-2, 8-2 is the second seed from District 10/4A
- 3/17/23 Kennedale vs Carter-Riverside – 12-0 Kennedale with the win
- Diamond HIll-Jarvis – Kennedale won 6-0 (3/3/23), Carter-Riverside lost 9-5 & 19-0 (3/2 & 3/28/23),
- River Oaks Castleberry – Kennedale won 9-2 (3/14/23), C-Riverside lost 3-0 (2/25/23)
- FtW North Side – Kennedale won 13-1 (3/3/23), C- Riverside lost 12-2 (4/22/23)
Recent game record:
- The Cougars are 6-2 in their last eight games after a string of reported losses going back to the start of the season. The end-of-the-regular season wins have come in lopsided district series wins against 5th place Dunbar by scores of 18-7 and 11-1, 4th place Western Hills 8-1 & 11-1, and 6th place Eastern Hills 18-0 & 11-1. Carter-Riverside played two pre-playoff fillers this past week against 5A FtW North Side losing 12-2 and North Dallas losing 4-2. For the season, Carter-Riverside has averaged 5.4 runs a game with a .600 winning record in the district and a .300 winning percentage for the season.
- Kennedale is 5-3 in their last eight games, coming off an end-of-the-season filler loss to 5A Azle 6-2 and a 2-1 win over Sunnyvale. This was preceded by district back-to-back wins over 3rd place Waxahachie Life 4-3 & 4-3, a split with 1st place Godley 5-1 (w) and 7-2 (l) and a split with 4th place Hillsboro 16-1 (w) & 5-3 (L). For the season, the Wildcats are averaging 6.9 runs a game and 7.8 hits with a .800 win record in the district and an overall .667 winning percentage for the season.