Kennedale High School is offering an unique international student to student experience. It is an 8 week virtual summer program that while connecting students from around the world but is attempting to engage students in local civic projects.
Designed to connect hundreds of young people across the United States with peers in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, such as Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, West Bank & Gaza, and Yemen, The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service prepares participants to be more civically engaged and lead change. This fully funded eight-week summer virtual experience teaches high school students to formulate and implement service projects in their local communities.
Students come away from the program with:
- An enhanced understanding and practice of leadership
- Increased involvement in civil society and volunteering
- Mutual understanding between youth from different cultures
The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service, a pioneer in virtual exchange programming, launched in 2016. The program draws upon best practices in experiential learning accumulated over decades of Experiment programming. Originally launched to connect Experimenters with students in countries to which travel and traditional programs were not possible, The Experiment Digital Youth Leadership & Community Service is now providing a critical outlet for global cross-cultural exchange in a time of crisis.
Upon successful completion of the program, participants receive
- a Certificate of Completion in Leadership & Global Issues Analysis,
- access to the U.S. Department of State’s International Alumni Network,
- unique project funding opportunities from the U.S. Department of State, and
- a $400 scholarship for summer 2022 towards participation in one of The Experiment in International Living’s programs around the world.
Priority admissions deadline – February 16, 2021
Final admissions deadline – April 20, 2021