The campus was originally built to serve the school population east of US 287 but as portions of KISD have continued to developed south along Eden and Mansfield Cardinal area the attendance boundaries were changed to accommodate these students. Last year at reporting date, enrollment was 448 students.
Currently the campus meets are exceeds TEA academic standards and earned two distinctions for student improvement and for closing student performance gaps in 2017.
Meet the staff of R.F. Patterson Elementary …
- Kindergarten – Debbie Lavadour, Sandra Baugh, Linda Reynolds, Brandi Roesler
- First Grade ? Megan Clements, Dakota Greenfield-Dunn, Amy Heutzenroeder, Erin Speegle, Julie Zuniga
- Second Grade ? Nancy Johnson, Cheryl Burke, Deborah Hicks, April Winters
- Third Grade ? Jackie Fisher, Mariela Troche, Lyndsay Byrd, Holly Bartos
- Fourth Grade ? Jana Carter,Tammy Harkenrider, Priscilla Hightower, Amanda Hooker, Angela Poe, Tanya Widner
- Other subjects ? Jennifer Watson (Challenge Lab), Donna Lassa (Art), Kara Bowman (Art), Cindy Castleberry (Physical Education)
- Interventionists ? Kim Hamblin Math), Lauren Geiser (Reading)
- Special Education ? Michelle Ladd, Tricia Mata, Leann Zimmerman, Cheryl Chappell
- ACE Program ? Lauren Molnoskey
- Paraprofessionals – Holly Karpinski. Alicia Allen, Devon Baker, Deanna Farris, April Ford, Bonnie Ostrout, Rosemary Reeves, Brooke Tarrant
- Office ? Liz Clark, Debbie Cluck
- School Nurse ? Karri Funderburk
- Speech Pathologist ? Krista Reeves
- Counselor ? Barbara Payne
- Assistant Principal ? Robyn Braun
- Principal ? Cari Blackstone
Random thoughts on my best teacher ?
“The best teacher I had was a lady named Mrs. Browning. She was my third grade teacher. It was she who inspired me to be a teacher in the first place. She also led me to be a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan and a better person.” Anonymous
“My best teacher is funny and makes learning fun, she has black curly hair and wears cool boots.” Anonymous
“The teacher who makes you realize that you can achieve whatever you want to, if you’re willing to work for it…and also cares that you do!” Anonymous