45.1 F
Monday, November 30, 2020

TABC names 3 KHS basketball players to 2019-20 All-Region

Related Articles

?Updated March 19, 2020 …
Texas Association Basketball Association selected 20 players All-region in each of the four 4A UIL regions for both the boys and the girls.??{{more: continue …}}
TABC awards are nominated by Texas high school basketball coaches and voted on by Regional coordinators and committees. All awards are announced between the Boys State Basketball Tournament and the end of school.
Texas Association of Basketball Coaches All-Region Players …
Kennedale Wildcat Scott Whorley (SR) – 581 total points (25% of team total), 209 points off turnovers (30% of team total), 219 rebounds (17% of team total), 92 assist (22% of team total), 62 deflections (17% of the team total), 92 steals (23% of total), 11 blocks (17% of team total). Scott earned 1st Team All-District honors in his sophomore and junior years.? This year he was awarded the district Offensive Player of the Year.
Kennedale Lady Kat Tawny-Smith Knox (SR) 414 points (19% of team total), 165 points off turnovers (18% of total), 100 rebounds (8% of total), 97 assist (26% of total), 81 deflections (17% of total), 96 steals 18% of team total), 6 blocks (10% of total). Smith was 1st team All-District in her sophomore year and All-District Defensive Player of the Year in 2019. This year, she shared Most Valuable Player of the Year in District 9/4A with fellow player Reagan Jackson.

Kennedale Lady Kat Reagan Jackson (FR) Total points this season 783 (36% of team total), 152 three pointers (51% of team total), 319 points off turnovers (35% of team total), 205 rebounds (16% of team total), 66 assists (18% of total), 83 deflections (17% of team total), 137 steals (25% of totals). This year, Jackson shared Most Valuable Player of District 9/4A with fellow Lady Kat Tawny Smith-Knox.

More on this topic



Popular stories