101 F
Monday, August 8, 2022

Teen with family ties in Kennedale dies in Colleyville house fire

Related Articles

Fort Worth Star Telegram


A teenager killed early Tuesday in a Colleyville house fire died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide, the Tarrant County medical examiner reported Thursday.

The body of Tylar Batchelor, 17, was found in a bathroom at the home. The manner of death has not been determined, according to the medical examiner?s website. {{more}}

Batchelor had been staying with her brother at the residence in the 3500 block Blue Quail Lane, according to the Cleburne Times-Review.

She would have been a senior at Burleson?s Centennial High School.

Her dog Roxy also died, according to a Youcaring.com website set up to raise money for her family.

The fire started in a storage area on the back patio where chemicals, including some for the swimming pool, were stored, a Colleyville city spokeswoman said Wednesday. Authorities say there was no evidence the fire was intentionally started.

Batchelor was seen going upstairs about 10:30 p.m., officials said. The fire was reported just after 1 a.m.
Note by Kennedale News: Tylar is the granddaughter of Clinton and Sharon Batchelor of Kennedale.



More on this topic



Popular stories