Find dates; project descriptions; project progress updates; street/ highway closures; and, more.
Southeast Connector (TXDOT) …
A major rebuild of the intersection of three major highways I-20, 287, and 820. Projected finish 2027. Webpage with details (note: this is a new website not fully populated but does include information on road closures. The Southeast Connector Facebook webpage contains updated posts.
The Southeast Connector will rebuild and widen approximately 16 miles of I-20 and I-820. The $1.6 billion project will widen I-20 to 10 main lanes from I-820 to US 287, and I-820 to eight main lanes from I-20 to Spur 303 (Rosedale Street) and reconstruct the I-20, I-820, and US 287 interchanges. (Allowing those who are traveling on 287 to stay on the highway without crossing lanes on 820 to keep north towards downtown Fort Worth and vice-versa going south towards Mansfield.).
Sublett Road Improvements (City of Arlington) …
Joplin Rd to Kennedale City Limits with a completion date of 2024. Webpage with details.
- Rebuilding and realigning the 2-lane asphalt roadway to a 3-lane concrete roadway with on-street bike lanes and sidewalks on both sides of the roadway.
- Installation of a bridge and retaining walls to span over the creek.
- Installation of new streetlights, new traffic signs, and new pavement markings.
- Installation of storm drainage infrastructure.
- Water and sanitary sewer infrastructure renewals.
- Click here to view a map of the project location.
Bowman Springs Improvements (City of Arlington) …
I-20 to Enchanted Bay Boulevard Completion date 2023.
Why this has any impact on Kennedale – the project objective includes a future direct connection to Pleasant Ridge which offers an alternative route for Kennedale residents off of Bowman Springs to Green Oaks and the commerce in that area (Kroger, Albertsons, multiple restaurants, etc.). Webpage with details
This project aims to rebuild Bowman Springs Road from Interstate 20 to Enchanted Bay Boulevard from a two-lane county-type asphalt road to a three-lane concrete roadway; provide water, sewer, and drainage infrastructure improvements; pedestrian and streetlight improvements; and installation of a roundabout at the Greenspring Road and future Pleasant Ridge Road intersection.
Proposed 1187 (Rendon Road) I-35 to Mansfield …
Projected construction & completion 2028-2030.
Why is this significant to Kennedale – Improve options to connect to I-35 for Kennedale residents in the western sections of the city. Plan Details
- Reconstruct and widen FM 1187 from I-35W to Newt Patterson Road from a two-lane rural to a four or six-lane urban divided roadway to improve safety and mobility
- Analyze improvements to existing and proposed cross-street intersections, drainage, bicycle and pedestrian accommodations, and the overall safety features of the roadways.