Tuesday, November 21, 2020, the Kennedale City County in a special meeting will consider several items. The meeting will be held via Video Conference and/or Teleconference and is scheduled for 5:30 p.m.
First on the agenda is a work session (reserved for presentation and discussion with no official action taken) will receive a report and hold a discussion regarding the City Manager’s Proposed Fiscal Year 2020-2021 annual budget.
This will be the first of several possible budget workshop following Tuesday’s meeting. The following are the proposed schedule regarding the new budget and tax rate.
- City Council Budget Workshop (cont.): Tuesday, August 18, at 5:30 p.m. (during the Work Session of Regular Meeting)
- City Council Budget Workshop (cont.): Tuesday, August 25, at 5:30 p.m. (Special Meeting, if needed)
- City Council Public Hearing on Budget and Tax Rate: Tuesday, September 8 at 5:30 p.m. (Special Meeting)
- City Council Consideration of adoption of FY2020-21 Budget and Tax Rate: Tuesday, September 15, at 5:30 p.m. (Regular Meeting)
The next meeting is proposed for Tuesday, August 18 during the regular monthly work session of the city council beginning at 5:30 p.m. The third work session if needed will be Tuesday, August 25 at a called special meeting, again at 5:30 p.m.
During the regular session next Tuesday, the Council will consider two action items.
- Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 574 of the City Council of the City of Kennedale, Texas, approving the placement of a proposal on September 15, 2020, City Council Public Meeting agenda to adopt a 2020 tax rate that may exceed the lower of the voter-approval rate or the no-new-revenue tax rate; calling a public hearing for September 8, 2020.
- Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 575 ordering the General Election for November 3, 2020.
- Due to COVID-19, the City of Kennedale General Election for the purposes of electing the offices of Mayor and City Council Places 2 and 4 was postponed from May 2, 2020, to November 3, 2020. Pursuant to a July 27, 2020 Proclamation by Governor Abbott, the Tarrant County Commissioners Court will consider expanded Early Voting dates and times for the Tuesday, November 3, 2020 Election at their meeting on Tuesday, August 11, 2020. The City Attorney’s Office is drafting a Resolution that will simply update the City of Kennedale’s Order of Election to acknowledge the expanded Early Voting period for the Council to consider.
See the complete agenda with links @ City Council Special Meeting: Proposed Budget Presentation