After three tournaments, both Kennedale High School bass fishing teams are in the top 20 for the “Angler of the Year“. The team of Brendan Heutzenroeder and Nate Cox is in 13th overall with 1,425 points. The team of Coleton Richardson and Zeth McGough is in 20th place with 1,391 points. The leaders currently are a team from Highland Park with 1,493 points.
KHS participates in the Texas High School Bass Association (THBSA) tournament schedule.
There are two upcoming tournaments and both are scheduled in February. The first is on February 4, 2023, on Lake Ray Hubbard. The second is February 24th at Lake Lewisville.
In the DFW Metoplex Divsion, there are a total of 190 teams representing 31 area schools. These are mostly 5A and 6A UIL schools (large schools) along with three 4A, two 3A, and four private schools.
The list includes the following schools…
- 6A – Keller HS, Highland Park HS, Byron Nelson HS, Flower Mound HS, Lake Highlands HS, Pearce HS, Eaton HS, Chisholm Trail HS, Southlake Carroll HS, Flower Mound HS, Mansfield HS, LD Bell HS, Arlington HS, and Arlington Martin HS.
- 5A – Azle HS, Midlothian HS, Grapevine HS, Burleson HS, Lake Dallas HS, 5A Newman Smith HS, Melissa HS, and Frisco Centennial HS.
- 4A – Kennedale HS, Sunnyvale HS, and Farmersville HS.
- 3A Quitman HS, and Pottsboro HS.
- Private – TAPPS 6A Nolan Catholic HS, TAPPS 5A Southwest Christian School, TAPPS 5A Ft. Worth Christian, and TCAF St. Paul’s Prep Academy.
The bass fishing program is part of the Outdoor Education program offered at Kennedale High School. Keep updated via the KHS Outdoor Education Club.