Groundbreaking ceremonies, military academy notifications, career day opportunities, all-american honors and more ….
- ITEM – Hammack Creek Apartments … Groundbreaking set for next week OM Housing, a Dallas-based multifamily developer, said Monday it plans to develop a 112-unit, $24 million, eco-friendly, mixed-income apartment community in Kennedale. The firm said it plans to break ground Feb. 12 on the 112,112-square-foot Village at Hammack Creek apartments, at 337 Kennedale Sublett Road. Completion is expected in January 2022, OM Housing said in a release. [General site location on undeveloped land on Sublett opposite side from Emerald Hills Cemetery. Signs have been posted] Preleasing will begin in October. Information from fortworthINC
- ITEM – Career Day … KISD Delaney and Patterson Elementary Schools are hosting a virtual career day and are looking for 5- to 8-minute videos that describe a career choice. The deadline is Friday, February 12. If you’d like to participate (or know anyone else who might) by preparing a video, this is the link to upload your video … Questions can be sent to Mockc@kisdtx.net.
- ITEM – The Kennedale Independent School District [KISD] is revisiting its district Beliefs, Vision, & Mission Statements and would like stakeholders (taxpayers, residents, faculty and/or staff), to join the Strategic Plan Steering Committee. The meeting will be held at Kennedale JH on Thursday, February 4, 6:30 P.M. RSVP here.
- ITEM – Congratulations to Kennedale High School Senior Carson Yingling who has a chance of a full scholarship to either the Air Force or Naval Academies. The scholarship is worth $500,000. Carson has received a Recommendation of Approval to each of those academies. Final approval and notification will come next month.
- ITEM – KHS Basketball has reached .500 ball with a win over Arlinton Summit Academy Tuesday night. The Cats will return to play this Friday at Carrollton-Farmers Branch ISD Ranchview High School located in Irving, Texas. The Cats are currently 11-11 overall and 3-2 in district play and are 44 in MaxPreps 4A rankings. See schedule.
- ITEM – via Kennedale ISD Band … All Region Results are in! Congratulations to the KJHS [Kennedale Junior High] Band Students who made the 2021 All Region Band – a huge accomplishment! The Wildcat Band is SO PROUD of everyone who auditioned! [29 students in the program earned the honors. See list here.
- ITEM – All-American – JD Coffey, Defensive Back, 2nd Team at MaxPreps. Coffey signed with the Texas Longhorns and after early graduation from KHS is currently enrolled at the Austin campus.
- ITEM – KHS Track season kicks off this month, February 19-20 at Waxahachie Life. District will be held at Kennedale High School, March 30-April 1. KHS will also host the area track meet the following week on April 7. See schedule.