The following is based on the City of Kennedale Police reports for the time period given. This does not include calls for which no report was written, and some of these offenses — after further investigation — may be deemed unfounded.
Twenty-three incidents were reported during these two weeks. Incidents included hit and run, assault, burglary, terroristic threat, missing person, theft, DWI, and abandoned property.
Incident Reports: 12/20/20 – 12/26/20
- 12/20 — Assault Bodily Injury (Family Violence) Bowles Court … At 12:10 a.m. an adult male victim came to the police department to report an assault. The victim stated that the suspect (victim’s wife) had assaulted him at their home earlier in the evening. The victim reported that the suspect was upset at him and struck him while he was in bed watching TV. The victim exhibited injuries consistent with his account of the event. The suspect was not present and failed to answer the officer attempts to make telephone contact.
- 12/20 — Terroristic Threat (Family/Household Member) Eden Road South … At 12:30 p.m. an adult female victim reported being threatened by her adult son, who was not present at the time of the report.
- 12/20 — Burglary of Vehicle Shady Bend Drive … At 8:59 a.m. a victim reported that person(s) unknown illegally entered her vehicles and removed cash, credit cards, and personal property. The offense occurred in the early morning hours.
- 12/20 — Assault by Contact (Family Violence) Bowles Court … At 9:44 p.m. officers responded to a domestic disturbance. An adult male victim reported being assaulted by his wife (suspect) during an argument. The victim was not injured but had reported another assault with injury by the same suspect earlier in the day. After interviewing the suspect, officers determined that she was experiencing a mental health episode. The suspect was taken into custody for an emergency mental health evaluation. She was transported to JPS Hospital for evaluation.
- 12/20 — Abandoned/Found Property N. Little School Road … At 3:21 p.m. an officer received clothing that was found abandoned in front of a residence.
- 12/21 — Burglary of Vehicle Valley Lane … At 8:34 a.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) removed the catalytic converter from a company-owned Ford F-450 truck.
- 12/21 — Missing Person (Juvenile) North Road … At 10:14 a.m. a juvenile was reported missing by his guardian. The juvenile had been missing since the previous evening at 9:00 p.m. The juvenile returned home at 1:42 p.m. that same day.
- 12/21 — Abandoned/Found Property Oak Hill Park … At 11:02 a.m. a resident found a loaded magazine for a handgun. The magazine was found in the resident’s driveway.
- 12/21 — Theft $750 to $2,500 Peachtree Court … At 3:38 p.m. a victim reported a missing laptop computer. The item was ordered on-line and apparently delivered to the wrong address.
- 12/21 — Burglary Grapevine Lane … At 5:28 p.m. an officer received a report of a burglary. Unknown person(s) had entered a building used as a shop and for storage. Several tools and vehicle parts were removed.
- 12/20 — Theft $100 to $750 Valley Lane … At 10:34 p.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) removed two Christmas light projectors from his yard.
- 12/23 — Evading Arrest or Detention w/Vehicle W. IH 20 … At 12:09 a.m. an officer observed a suspicious vehicle being operated erratically. The vehicle pulled onto the Mansfield Highway and fled when the officer attempted a traffic stop. The vehicle fled the wrong way on the access road, causing the officer to terminate the attempt to stop. The officer then observed the vehicle spin out and stop moving. After approaching the vehicle the officer found the occupants had fled. The vehicle was found to be stolen out of Fort Worth. It was impounded to be held for processing.
- 12/23 — Criminal Mischief (Substantial Inconvenience) North Road … At 7:36 a.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) knocked over and damaged his portable basketball goal.
- 12/22 — Burglary of Vehicle Ohio Court … At 12:39 p.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) entered her unsecured vehicle and removed a backpack containing personal property.
- 12/24 — DWI, Possession of Drugs/Narcotics SE Loop 820 … At 2:39 a.m. an officer observed an unconscious adult male passed out behind the wheel of a vehicle. The vehicle was stopped at a traffic light. The vehicle interior smelled of a mixture of alcohol and marijuana. The male was awakened by the officer but appeared to be under the influence of an intoxicant. The driver was unable to successfully complete a field sobriety assessment. He was placed under arrest for DWI and transported to jail for booking. A warrant was secured for a mandatory blood draw from the driver. The warrant was served at a local hospital ER. The driver was also found to be in possession of marijuana and cocaine.
Incident Reports: 12/27/20 – 01/02/21
- 12/27 — Application for Mental Detention and Observation Corry A. Edwards Drive … At 2:50 p.m. officers responded to a report of a suicidal male. The male had contacted a local hospital making the threats. The officers confirmed that the male was depressed and threatening to harm himself. He was taken into custody for an emergency mental detention and evaluation at JPS Hospital.
- 12/28 — Assault by Contact (Family Violence) Glenbrook Drive … At 10:44 a.m. officers responded to a domestic disturbance. A male and female were involved in an argument when the female was assaulted by the male.
- 12/29 — Aggravated Robbery (Firearm) E. Kennedale Parkway … At 7:12 p.m. officers responded to a disturbance. A female was reported to have been in the business removing items and taking them. The female exhibited a handgun during the course of the theft.
- 12/30 — Theft $2,500 to $30,000 E. Kennedale Parkway … At 11:47 a.m. a victim reported the theft of a 2000 Mercedes from his business.
- 12/31 — Incident (Other) W. Kennedale Parkway … At 6:23 p.m. an officer located a vehicle that was reported stolen in Fort Worth. Upon contacting the driver, an off-duty police officer, it was discovered that only the plate was stolen and not the vehicle. The driver did not know when the rear plate had been switched out.
- 01/02 — Hit and Run Accident Gail Drive … At 10:17 a.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) struck his mailbox and left the scene.
- 01/02 — Recovered Stolen Vehicle (Other Agency) Gilman Road … At 4:25 p.m. an officer observed a suspicious vehicle in a driveway. The license plate on the vehicle was reported stolen out of Haltom City. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that the vehicle was stolen out of Denton County. The plates were located inside the vehicle. The vehicle was impounded to be held.
- 01/02 — Theft of Materials North Road … At 9:30 a.m. a victim reported that unknown person(s) entered his business property overnight and removed a copper A/C coil.
NOTE: The above items are based on police reports. They do not include calls for which no report was written, and some of these offenses — after further investigation — may be deemed unfounded. Therefore, this data should not be viewed as or used to calculate official statistics.